The stanzas usually sung are marked thus *
* Adeste fideles, laeti, triumphantes,
* Deum de Deo, Lumen de Lumine,
En grege relicto, humiles ad cunas
Aeterni Parentis splendorem aeternum
Pro nobis egenum et foeno cubantem
* Ergo qui natus die hodierna,
* Come, ye Faithful, in joy and triumph, to Bethlehem, and gaze on the new-born King of Angels! Come, let us adore the Lord!
* The Virgin’s womb carries the God of God, the Light of Light, the true God that was born, not made. Come, let us adore the Lord!
Lo! the Shepherds are called, and leaving their flocks, hasten to the humble Crib. Let us also go thither with joy. Come, let us adore the Lord!
We shall see the eternal brightness of the Eternal Father hid under the veil of Flesh: the Infant-God wrapped in swaddling-clothes. Come, let us adore the Lord!
Let us devoutly embrace him who, for our sakes, is become poor and lies on straw. Oh! who will refuse to love him who so loves us? Come, let us adore the Lord!
* Let the Angel choir now sing its hymns. Let the court of the Blessed give forth its Glory be to God in the highest! Come, let us adore the Lord!
* To thee, O Jesus! who art this day born, be glory. Glory be to thee, O Word of the Eternal Father, that art now made Flesh! Come, let us adore!